Thursday 2 June 2011

James & the Giant Windmill

Meet James.  He is my favourite.  He has the sweetest, funniest personality and says the most hilarious things.  Today for example, as he was waving goodbye to his Grandma as we drove away; he narrated what was happening and said 'Goodbye my Grandma, my best friend, said James!' Oh how I laughed.

James is super special to me.  His mum is my dearest and oldest friend Georgina.  We have known each other since we were knee high to a grasshopper (actually Georgina is still knee high to a grasshopper!) and when I look at James all I see is the little face that was constantly by my side for my entire enchanting childhood... They look so similar!  And I think I pretty much have the same amount of fun with James at this age as I did with Georgina way back when.  Well almost as much fun; I don't think James would care much for the following pastimes:
Yes, we were doing tree rubbings just for fun!
Doing what we did best: prancing around the garden barefoot!
As a 5 year old James is very much like Georgina was at that age - full. of. beans.  He literally doesn't rest from one moment to the next.  He loves doors; yes, doors. He loves seeing how things work.  He is so curious about EVERYTHING that attempting to turn a camera on him would give even Jasmine Star a reason to put the thing down and never try it again with him! I can't remember the last time I managed to capture a passable photo of James; I know most children are curious about cameras, especially now they can see the images displayed straight away on the LCD, but with James it's a different story - queue the questions:  'What are you doing?' 'What is that?' 'What is inside?' 'I want to make a photo'  and my favourite 'I want to see a little James on the little TV on the camera...'

So when he came to visit over the last couple of days I decided to test the water again and was thrilled with the results, I was only hoping to get one decent portrait shot (see first image) but managed to get a little handful of candid shots of our day out.  Note to self; distract him with a real life windmill more often.  He LOVES them!









No comments :

Post a Comment